©SweetCrisis - freedigitalphotos

©SweetCrisis – freedigitalphotos

There are three ways that we know of to get your home back after foreclosure. I am sure there are more options available, but these three have worked for us many times in the past and can work for you too.

1. Buy your home back during the redemption period. The redemption period is a time after foreclosure where the court will allow you to buy your home back. The lender can not sell the home during this period and in many cases, you can remain in the home during the redemption period. Redemption is not available in all states or circumstances, but if you are allowed a redemption period, you may buy the home back by paying the balance due on the loan, along with the total arrears. (total missed payments and fees) In a few rare cases, we have seen lenders willing to reinstate the loan during the redemption period, if the homeowner is able to pay the total arrears. If there is no redemption period, you may be able to work out a solution before the sheriff’s sale is confirmed. In general, there is a 5 +/- day period after the sheriff’s sale before the sale is confirmed. If you are able to pay the arrears during this period, the sale can be stopped or reversed.

How to find money during the redemption period or before the sale is confirmed:

  • Sell off all belongings, including retirement accounts, life insurance, cars, campers, etc…
  • Find second or third jobs and have everyone in the family contribute
  • Rent out a portion or bedroom of the home or property
  • borrow money or get a new loan from places like http://www.myforeclosurelender.com
  • Ask family members, friends, co-workers, bosses, and relatives for donation

To get a loan, you will only need to come up with 35% down, so if you have a $200,000 payoff, you will need to raise $70,000. This seems like a lot of money, but any equity you have in the home will count towards the $70,000, so it’s may not be that hard.

You may also want to try and negotiate with your lender and get them to reinstate the loan during the redemption period. If you can raise the money to pay the arrears, this may be an option. However, you may need to hire a professional negotiator to help make this happen.

2. Have your sheriff’s sale reversed. In many cases, there are legal discrepancies or rules your lender did not follow. With a good attorney, who is familiar with the foreclosure process, you can use the law to your advantage. Once the sheriff’s sale is reversed, your lender will start again, correcting their mistakes, so act fast and raise the money needed to get your home out of foreclosure completely.

3. Use a private investor or friend or family member to buy the home. Technically, this should be done at the sheriff’s sale, or after the sale when the lender is selling the home, but there are many options that would allow the home to be sold before the foreclosure, or even with a short sale, to another party. The purchasing party could, in-turn, sell the home back to you. This could be through a new mortgage, if you qualify, or with a lease or buy-back agreement. Either way, you now have possession of the home and can obtain ownership at a time when your credit has improved. You need to be careful when doing something like this, because there are rules and laws you must be aware of. We highly recommend using a professional agent or professional to attempt this option.

If you have already lost your home to foreclosure, there is still hope! Just choose one of the three methods above and find an attorney or trained foreclosure specialist to help you carry out the steps needed to reverse your foreclosure or get your home back after foreclosure.

The following two tabs change content below.


Latest posts by Admin (see all)


  1. lona baier says:

    our home has gone through the foreclosure process due to a subprime mortage and we want to keep it but no one wiill guide us in the right direction

  2. Sandab Prum says:

    Can your company help us buy back our foreclousure home.

  3. Sandab Prum says:

    Please help us.

  4. Sandab Prum says:

    Call me at (703)489-3538

  5. rstephenson says:

    please call me at 740-9125 or 1-540-849-6075 or 331-1305 or 335-4494

  6. Sim Souvannakhiry says:

    Please help me my house is already foreclosed on May12,2009. What can i do to purchase it back

  7. beth says:

    i need help to buy back my foreclosed on home…please help me asap

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>